Ok, the bumps won’t go away! Back with more!

Aprilcox27

Reaction score
Hi guys! Benadryl works for a minute but the bumps come right back. She’s been on a new food for about a month now, do you think this could be a late allergic reaction to the food? Trying to avoid the vet is possible, any tips? Nothing else is new…

Attachments

• IMG_8755.jpeg
    IMG_8755.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 14
It could be from the food or it could be an infection. Try the Nu-stock and see if that helps clear it up.

Hi guys! Benadryl works for a minute but the bumps come right back. She’s been on a new food for about a month now, do you think this could be a late allergic reaction to the food? Trying to avoid the vet is possible, any tips? Nothing else is new…
If she is under a year it could be mange.... have you been to the vet for a skin scrape to rule that out?

I pick up a tube of Nu-Stock to help treat my frenchie’s skin condition. This product smells horrible, and is extremely messy. after I put it on her it started to flack and get on anything she rubbed against. Has anyone had a similar experience or do I have a bad tube of this stuff?

I pick up a tube of Nu-Stock to help treat my frenchie’s skin condition. This product smells horrible, and is extremely messy. after I put it on her it started to flack and get on anything she rubbed against. Has anyone had a similar experience or do I have a bad tube of this stuff?
Oh, it definitely smells horrible. Make sure you shake it really good and you can add in a little baby oil if it gets too thick. But the stuff definitely works!

Oh, it definitely smells horrible. Make sure you shake it really good and you can add in a little baby oil if it gets too thick. But the stuff definitely works!
Thank you. Do you find that it is also very messy and flakes off?

Hi, I seem to be having maybe a similar problem, my 4 year old frenchie has been suffering with skin problems for a few months. We’ve been to the vets who prescribed steroids and been giving him an antihistamine a day but bumps still coming. They start of as a raised bump then but it’s crusty underneath then the fur comes away. He’s now very patchy. He’s been on life style wet and dry food now for almost 3 years he does have the same treats. Only Nath in sensitive shampoo now and again. He does t itch. I don’t know what to do next? Help?
Hi, I seem to be having maybe a similar problem, my 4 year old frenchie has been suffering with skin problems for a few months. We’ve been to the vets who prescribed steroids and been giving him an antihistamine a day but bumps still coming. They start of as a raised bump then but it’s crusty underneath then the fur comes away. He’s now very patchy. He’s been on life style wet and dry food now for almost 3 years he does have the same treats. Only Nath in sensitive shampoo now and again. He does t itch. I don’t know what to do next? Help?

Attachments

• 3C109582-568B-462C-99D5-69B60F24C0E6.jpeg
    3C109582-568B-462C-99D5-69B60F24C0E6.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 2
My frenchie has the exact same thing. The vet did a skin culture and it came back as form of Mersa. I know sounds scary. She prescribed Mupirocin 2% ointment. It seems to be helping.

This could be a staph infection.. has the vet mentioned it? It is usually due to a weakened immune system.. add a daily probiotic and make sure you aren’t feeding chicken or beef kibble— those processed proteins can be an issue for bulldogs. Try turkey or duck

Thank you fir replying, yes he had chicken flavoured fry food and a mix of turkey duck and chicken wet food, but had done for a few years?

My frenchie has the exact same thing. The vet did a skin culture and it came back as form of Mersa. I know sounds scary. She prescribed Mupirocin 2% ointment. It seems to be helping.
Thank you I will book another appointment at the vets, it’s not getting any better.

Thank you fir replying, yes he had chicken flavoured fry food and a mix of turkey duck and chicken wet food, but had done for a few years?
I would remove chicken… process of elimination to find the cause

Back