Food Recall

anumb1

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I wanted to spread the word about a recent Iams/Eukanuba recall that was posted a day or so ago. I highly doubt most people are feeding these brands to their dogs, however, just to be safe, I wanted to pass this along. There is a list of batches/lots that may have contained Salmonella, and anyone who has any of these lots needs to discard the food immediately! You can find more information at the link below.

http://www.fda.gov/safety/recalls/ucm220780.htm

I had started my little frenchie on Eukanuba small breed puppy and was going to change over to a more high quality dog food, however this recall happened before I had made the switch and I found a "bad bag" of food in my home :-( My poor little guy was throwing up (not too terribly or frequently, hes doing fine now) and I couldn't understand what he may have gotten into. I believe it may have been the bag of food I was feeding him..thankfully he had only gotten a little bit out of that bag before I realized it was bad. Don't let this happen to your dog! I have switched food and Yadi is feeling great!

Hopefully if anyone is feeding this food, you can check and make sure your supply is ok.

thanks!

Thank you for posting this! :goodpost:

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

That's scary, glad he's okay. I had to change Babette from Iams when we first got her, it didn't do well with her tummy.

Thanks Babette; and yes you can always tell if a food isnt sitting well with their tummy! I'm sure a lot of people know/have heard of dogfoodadvisor.com, but if not, check out their page. They actually have an email alert you can set and they will email you when they know of a recall for any type of pet food/treat. There have been a few other brands that have had recalls since I last posted this thread, so its nice to have something alert you since its hard information to find some times.

Back