I do not own one yet....Have questions

ilzho

Reaction score
Hello:

I am familiar with dogs and have had them most of my life, but I have never had a frenchie and I thought I would ask everyone some questions about the breed.

I have had great danes before and they tend to sleep most of the day and enjoy a walk and don't mind that I am away at work for the day.

Is the frenchie a type of dog that needs human companion 24/7 and would suffer from separation anxiety if I am away at work for the day?
I have heard that they hate to be away from their human?

Any help is appreciated.

David

I would agree with that. They seem like more of a breed that thrives on companionship...not so much being alone. That being said, I know we have members on here who have to leave their dogs alone while they work. There are tons of ways you can remedy that....hire a dog walker....get two frenchies.... :)

Frenchies are definitely people dogs but with that being said, we do leave Jax alone for about 7 1/2 hours each day while at work (since summer ended). Does he love it? No. But he does fine. I try to send him to doggie daycare a few times a month so that he is able to run around and be a maniac with other dogs.

I agree with everyone above. My dogs spend days be by themselves for around 8 hours when my husband and I work the same day shift. They all do fine with this, as long as we are home after work. Of course my frenchie, Marg, prefers that I stay home and play with her all day, but she is fine when I have to leave and she goes in her kennel to relax for the day. She is usually very energized and ready to go once I get home and let her out.

Any breed will /can suffer from seperation anxiety some are mor prone to it, but it is all in how the dog is trained and treated.

My Bulldog and Frenchie sleep about 14-16 hous a day, lots of play and yard time helps keep them active when we are home, but while working they are crated and all snuggle in their crate

I agree with everyone else. as they do love to be with people, but do fine during the day while you are at work.

I would agree with that. They seem like more of a breed that thrives on companionship...not so much being alone. That being said, I know we have members on here who have to leave their dogs alone while they work. There are tons of ways you can remedy that....hire a dog walker....get two frenchies.... :)

I like the idea of 2 Frenchies!

Back