Thoughts and prayers 🙏🏻

Freeholdnj

Reaction score
Hi everyone, We joined FBN back in April and Apollo and I are so glad to have found you all. I know i haven't posted much due to everyday life. I'm reaching out today for help, Guidance and advice. This morning waking up Apollo lost the use of his hind legs. His behavior was normal last night. I didn't see anything unusual to give me any indication of injury until this morning. We immediately went to the emergency vet. Apollo has a vertebrae pinching a nerve causing paralysis. Which is only getting worse. He said Apollo needs neuro surgery to be back 100%. Or 30 days in a crate on meds with 25% successful recovery. After 30 days surgery won't be an option anymore. My insurance has declined coverage because they think this is a pre existing condition. Even after the vet spoke to the insurance company they still declined. So I'm asking for prayer, guidance or a possible source to help with the expenses ahead. God bless.

Attachments

• 17172935335781488004630672092895.jpg
    17172935335781488004630672092895.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1
Sending many healing prayers to your sweet baby. Insurance companies are ba$tards!

Ask your vet if laser therapy or acupuncture will help at all.

@Cbrugs

Apollo has been undergoing both laser and acupuncture therapy since Monday. He has been there all week and the feeling is slowly coming back which is phenomenal. Unfortunately he still hasn't been able to stand yet. Our vet has been treating him for free which is a true blessing.

What a GREAT vet to take care of Apollo at no cost!! I am sending healing prayers your way. Stay strong Apollo!

Apollo has been undergoing both laser and acupuncture therapy since Monday. He has been there all week and the feeling is slowly coming back which is phenomenal. Unfortunately he still hasn't been able to stand yet. Our vet has been treating him for free which is a true blessing.
Amazing! Hold on to that vet… slow progress is better than none

Sounds like IVDD. Jax was diagnosed back in 2017 and has had 4 surgeries since but thankfully I had insurance that covered 90% each time. Acupuncture and laser therapy could help plus meds and crate rest. Unfortunately without surgery, he may never regain use of his legs.

Back