Grungy Nylabones

winginit66

Reaction score
Does anyone wash their Nylabones when they start looking really grungy? I have scrubbed ours with a brush, but I was wondering about tossing them in the dishwasher on the top rack... anyone ever done that?

I might consider scrubbing them with a brush and hot water, but not with soap, so I wouldn't put it in the dishwasher for that reason. Although I have not had to do this yet..... Leo has only started chewing on his first nylabone and of course he chewed on it until he bled! :( So I had to take it away for a little while. I guess I haven't given it back to him yet.... Oooops!! :)

We have washed ours with a scrub brush and hot water too. I don't use soap though, and I wouldn't put in a dishwasher either. I have even used a grinder to remove the sharp edges when they get too big or too many, this way they won't cut their mouth on them.

I scrub them and grind the sharp parts down, washing with what I wash my own dishes with (dawn).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone wash their Nylabones when they start looking really grungy? I have scrubbed ours with a brush, but I was wondering about tossing them in the dishwasher on the top rack... anyone ever done that?
I wouldn't put them in the dishwasher because of the heat. I had a knuckle come off a Nylabone when my dachshund was about 7 mos old. My first husband told me he got the knuckle and threw it out but when she was about 3 years old we almost lost her and low and behold it was the Nyla knuckle, all black and partially digested. She went from 5lbs to 2 lbs, it's a miracle she lived. I don't trust Nylabones and I certainly wouldn't trust them after being heat compromised.

:hmm: why no the dishwasher? i have placed them in there once or twice -- non-issue for me

Back