Swollen head

hannah

Reaction score
Hi guys! Anyone know what this could be? I know it's hard to tell from the pic but on the left side of the top of banksys head it is a bit bigger than the right side? Swollen gland? Allergies? Anyone?
6e4dbc9f30bb3f9325cd8e1bfc2249fe.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Soft or hard? Any others on him?

He is so darn adorable!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Could he have gotten bit by something?

Jakeyjake

Reaction score
Hard to see in the picture, but have you checked his teeth?

Alice Kable

Reaction score
Could he have bumped his head on a coffee table or something? Looks like a bump or a bite to me!

He is so handsome! :heart:

hannah

Reaction score
So I took him in last week and the vet was unsure what it was. Gave anti inflammatories and said if this doesn't work in a few days come back. It did get better but last night it got worse and now his cheek is swollen too and hard. Now he's being taken to the animal hospital here and being put under for cat scans. Ahhhhhh

hannah

Reaction score
Please send your well wishes!!1 I'm worried sick
e860cc53ef501ba561b459ce038f4f6f.jpg

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh no...poor baby! Can you see anything on the inside of his cheek? Sending positive thoughts your way...keep us posted!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Please send your well wishes!!1 I'm worried sick
e860cc53ef501ba561b459ce038f4f6f.jpg

Lots of prayers, positive thoughts and hugs coming to you and your baby.

Keep us posted

hannah

Reaction score
Oh no...poor baby! Can you see anything on the inside of his cheek? Sending positive thoughts your way...keep us posted!

Nope

hannah

Reaction score
Could he have bumped his head on a coffee table or something? Looks like a bump or a bite to me!

He is so handsome! [emoji813]
That's what I thought but now his cheek is swollen and hard 🤔😢

hannah

Reaction score
Soft or hard? Any others on him?

He is so darn adorable!

Hard

No just one side of his face

blushy

Reaction score
Posting cause I just saw this and want to see the update!

Poor Bansky!

hannah

Reaction score
Bad news. Banksy has been in and out of the vets since I first made this post. His face was swollen and now his muscles have died and have been replaced with scar tissue. His jaw cannot open more than half a centimeter. We are feeding him and giving him water with a syringe. The vet has sent blood work off but is almost certain that it's an auto immune disease called masticatory muscle myositis. Has anyone heard of this before ? We are absolutley heart broken for our boy.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Bad news. Banksy has been in and out of the vets since I first made this post. His face was swollen and now his muscles have died and have been replaced with scar tissue. His jaw cannot open more than half a centimeter. We are feeding him and giving him water with a syringe. The vet has sent blood work off but is almost certain that it's an auto immune disease called masticatory muscle myositis. Has anyone heard of this before ? We are absolutley heart broken for our boy.

I have never heard of it... i am so sorry this has happened to your beautiful boy.... sending lots of strong healing prayers and positive thoughts

:hug:

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score

Oh I'm so sorry! I've never heard of it either. What is the prognosis? Sending positive thoughts your weary!

hannah

Reaction score
Oh I'm so sorry! I've never heard of it either. What is the prognosis? Sending positive thoughts your weary!

If they would have caught it sooner there would have been a higher chance the steroid would fix him.... the vet said it's too far gone but we are still trying. It depends at the end of that what his quality of life is we will have to decide at that point what to do.